Seasonal Site Modification & Construction Approval Form

Seasonal Site Modification & Construction Approval Form

The Construction Approval Form is for current seasonal guests who are looking to add or alter structures on their site including decks, sheds, siding and more. Before any construction can start this form needs to be approved by management and a building permit needs to be obtained from the town if applicable. See the below FAQs on the form for more information.

Please Be Advised

A site modification and construction approval form will need to be completed and submitted to the office for anything relating to adjusting or adding landscape, infrastructure, construction, modification, etc. of a seasonal site. You will need to receive an approval from our office before moving forward with any work. You must call the office to pre-approve any contractor arriving to do work at your site. We will need their name and company. Outside contractors must stop at the office for proper validation upon arrival. They will need your name & site number. Anyone other than licensed contractors will be subject to visitor fees. ALL construction must be completed by June 16th and is NOT permitted on Memorial Weekend, Thursday to Monday.


Deck dimensions may not exceed the length of your trailer, wrap around the front or back and may not extend more than 10’ from your trailer. No construction before 8AM or after 6PM. Maximum shed sizes are 8x10, no more than 8’ high. There may be no more than 1 shed per site. Please see the Seasonal Information and Rates Handbook for more detailed specifications.

Frequently Asked Questions (From OOB Town Hall)


Q: When do I need a building permit? A. For all new construction or structural alteration or repair or replacement to any interior or exterior portion of any building, this includes sheds, decks, swimming pools, siding, and windows. Any change in the use of a structure or property, regardless of extent of construction, requires a permit.


Q: When are building permits NOT required? A. For exterior paint (unless in DD1-DD2 and Historic Districts), interior sheetrock, paint, and finish flooring replacement (ex. tiles, rugs), as well as roofing.


Q. What do I need to get a building permit? A. You can stop into the Old Orchard Beach Town Hall and pick up the permit or you can print one right off of their website.


MM slash DD slash YYYY
Accepted file types: png, jpg, jpeg, pdf, heic, heif, Max. file size: 40 MB.
If there are any relevant pictures or diagrams please upload them here.