Please select any of the policies below to see the details.
ADA INFORMATION: SERVICE ANIMALS AND MOBILITY DEVICES
Powder Horn allows service animals under Federal and State definitions and regulations. Please refer to Federal and Maine State laws when booking a reservation.
Powder Horn allows specific mobility devices defined under the U.S. Department of Justice ADA Requirements. We allow single operator usage mobility devices ONLY. Specifically, this means we ONLY allow single use electric mobility scooters and electric wheelchairs.
Powder Horn does not allow any sort of golf cart, mopeds, electric bikes, etc. to be used as a mobility device per Federal ADA Regulations. We reserve the right to limit devices based on Federal ADA Regulations.
Please give our office a call if you have any questions relating to either matter. (207) 934-4733.
Activity Field: Located behind the office. When not in use by our activities program, the field is open for our guests to enjoy anytime from 8AM to dusk.
Activities Program/ Events: We offer daily/ nightly family activities and special events. A full list of scheduled activities is always available on our website and in the office.
Cable Television: Cable is available in most sections of the campground. Channel listing available on request. Individual TVs may need to be programmed. Go to menu or setup and select channel scan or search for channels.
Campsites: The base site fee includes: TWO ADULTS, ONE CAMPING UNIT, AND ONE VEHICLE. Any additional people or vehicles are subject to additional charges. Comes equipped with a picnic table and a fire ring. Limit 6 people (per night), 2 vehicles, and one additional tent per site. No hanging items on trees or Powder Horn property.
Camp Store: Is well stocked with most of what you may need, including: groceries, wood, ice, beer, and wine, and camping and RV supplies. Hours vary. Please note posted times.
Important Policy Information:
- Quiet Hours must be observed from 11 PM – 8 AM. NO FIRES, GROUP GATHERINGS OR ROAMING THE PROPERTY AFTER 11 PM. For your safety, please do not walk around the campground barefoot. When walking around after dark, please use a flashlight.
- NO REFUNDS ARE ISSUED FOR EARLY DEPARTURES OR INCLEMENT WEATHER
- Powder Horn reserves the right to refuse service to anyone and will not be held responsible for injuries of any kind. The management reserves the right to evict anyone not following the rules, without refund.
Powder Horn reserves the right to ban any object, activity, or behavior that is deemed a nuisance to other guests.
Parking: Visitors must park on your site. Parking vehicles in unauthorized locations is prohibited and will result in towing at the owner’s expense. Please see the office for approved locations. Do not park in the store parking lot.
Playgrounds: There are 3 playgrounds throughout the park. Please supervise children when using playground equipment.
Recreation Hall: Located next to the office, equipped with a pool table, foosball table, chess table, arcade games, TV, area brochure information and an ATM. The rec hall is for all ages; children under the age of 13 must be supervised by a parent or guardian.
AGE RESTRICTION POLICY
We are a family campground, and would like to maintain a welcoming and safe atmosphere for all our guests; keeping this in mind:
- All members in the party must be 18 years or older and a couple unless accompanied by a parent or guardian. We reserve the right to refuse entry or evict person(s) we determine to not meet the criteria without refund.
- Our rental unit must be rented by someone age 25 or older.
All members of a party with any person(s) under the age of 21 will be required to provide official state identification upon registration.
- Anyone under the age of 21 found consuming or under the influence of alcohol will be faced with police intervention as well as face eviction without refund.
- All person(s) will respect quiet hours from 11pm – 8am. Warnings will be given to not add wood to the fire past 11pm; if further warnings are needed the party will face eviction without refund.
USE OF SKATEBOARDS, LONGBOARDS, HOVERBOARDS, RIPSTIKS, ROLLER BLADES, ROLLER SKATES, MINI-BIKES, ELECTRIC CARS, MOTORIZED SCOOTERS, DRONES, AND ANYTHING ELSE DEEMED TO BE ELECTRIC MOTORIZED OR HAVING NO BREAKING MECHANISM IS PROHIBITED. GOLF CARTS FOR GUEST USE ARE PROHIBITED ANYWHERE ON CAMPGROUND PROPERTY.
- Maine State Law requires anyone 16 years or younger to wear a helmet while riding a bike. Helmets are recommended for everyone.
- Children under the age of 10 must have parent/guardian supervision while riding around the campground learning bike skills.
- All bikes must be registered and tagged at the office, free of charge.
- Bike tags must be visible at all times.
- No riding in the park after dusk. Bikes must be returned to your site.
- No speeding or reckless riding in the park. No wheelies or bike jumping allowed. Riders must obey rules of the road, i.e. stop signs and posted 5 MPH.
- Please use bike racks to park your bike. Any bikes left unattended and incorrectly parked may be moved by Powder Horn staff to ensure easy movement throughout the campground public ways.
- No bike riding in the campground driveway, on empty sites, in the horseshoe area, playgrounds, or highly used common areas.
Violations of the above policies will result in loss of bike privileges.
All sites are equipped with a campfire ring. Fire is dangerous and must be under the control of an adult. Please use caution and ensure that your children and possessions are a safe distance from the fire ring. It is prohibited to use any flammable liquid to start your fire. Do not add wood to your campfire after 11PM. Do not cut or damage trees. MAINE STATE LAW PROHIBITS THE USE OF OUT-OF-STATE WOOD.
CAMPING WITH CHILDREN
- Children are the responsibility of their parent(s) or guardians(s).
- Young children are not allowed to roam the property unattended, participate in the activities program or enter the pool area without a parent or guardian supervision at any time.
- Children under the age of 18 must return to their own site by 10:30 PM.
- Please review campground rules and regulations with your children.
- Families with children that are non-compliant with Powder Horn rules will be asked to leave.
Cancellations processed with 30 or more days prior to arrival date and time will receive a refund (minus a $75 fee) onto the payment account which was used for the deposit. Any cancellations made less than 30 days prior to arrival date and time are not eligible for a refund, and all deposits will be forfeited. All cancellations must be submitted by the reservation holder, regardless of who made the reservation. All cancellations must be submitted via the cancellation request form on our website. Failure to check-in on the scheduled arrival date, without notice, will forfeit your site and deposit as of 11AM the following day. Please refer to our date change policy for more information.
If you are changing sites during your reservation, please come to the office at 11 AM the day of for a new registration tag. You may remain on your current site until the new site has been vacated and cleaned. Changing sites requires authorization from the office. PLEASE STAY IN THE CAMPGROUND UNTIL YOUR SITE CHANGE IS COMPLETE.
CHECK IN / CHECK OUT
Check-In Time is 1PM (except for our rental unit): There is no additional parking available for trailers or cars prior to 1PM and we do not allow waiting in our driveway until check-in time. Please plan accordingly. Must present ID at check-in.
Check-In Time is 3PM for our rental unit (site 1M): We do not allow early entry into the park prior to 3pm as we do not have additional parking within the campground. Please plan accordingly, especially if you are camping with people who may arrive at our normal 1pm check-in time.
Check Out Time is 11 AM for all sites: NO EXCEPTIONS! Late checkouts are not permitted during peak season. Due to the large volume of campers, we cannot provide space for late checkouts. If you would like to stay later than 11 AM, please come to the office prior to 11 AM to re-register or to check site availability. Please be courteous and allow time for us to prepare for the next guests arriving on that site. We may have limited availability for late check-outs during our off season dates for an additional fee. Please stop by our office at that time to discuss options and availability.
Moving dates without penalty requires 30 days advance notification. In the event you need to shorten the dates of your stay, your site number may no longer be honored and any site lock fee will be refunded. Shortening the dates of a reservation more than 24 hours prior to the scheduled arrival date and time will result in a $75 fee. Moving dates 29 to 1 day(s) prior to arrival will have a $75 fee, and any remaining amount will be refunded onto the payment account which was used for the deposit. Date changes made less than 24 hours prior to arrival time (1:00 pm) will not be eligible for any credits or refunds. Shortening or moving of dates less than 24 hours prior to scheduled arrival date and time (1:00pm on check-in date) will result in a fee equal to the cost for the dates that are being shortened or moved. Date changes must be within the same season; no exceptions for late season reservations.
Two-night reservations and holiday reservations under seven nights require full payment as deposit. Reservations for three nights or more other than holiday weekends require a 50% deposit at the time the reservation is made. The only exception to these rules will be for the cabin rental on site 1M; that requires a full payment for any reservation less than 7 nights, with a half deposit for any reservation longer than 7 nights. Deposits and reservations are non-transferable. Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, and Money orders are acceptable forms of payment. (No personal or business checks will be accepted for nightly reservations.)
Are located next to Restroom #5 and near the exit of the campground by the office. Maine State regulations require proper disposal of gray water. Draining gray water on the ground is strictly prohibited.
Campers or visitors of campers who violate any Powder Horn policy, Federal or Maine State Law, or jeopardize the safety or enjoyment of any guest may be evicted without warning or refund. Evictions may involve law enforcement. You are responsible for the conduct of family, visitors, and all activity on your site.
FIREWORKS & WEAPONS
Firearms, Fireworks, and Other Weapons ARE PROHIBITED! Town of Old Orchard Beach prohibits the personal use of fireworks. Firearms, marshmallow guns, BB guns, slingshots, bow & arrows, and anything Powder Horn deems to be related to are strictly prohibited at Powder Horn. This includes anything that may interfere with the safety and enjoyment of other campers.
GAME EQUIPMENT RENTALS & MINIATURE GOLF
Game equipment is rented from the game window located at the office. All equipment must be returned at office closing. Game window will stop releasing equipment one hour prior to office closing. Please note posted office hours.
Powder Horn does not allow usage of golf carts within Powder Horn property other than employee usage.
Please call our office to book group reservations. Powder Horn allows group reservations for groups of families or couples. Each reservation MUST be under the name of the family who will be staying on that site. In the case of multiple adults on site, Powder Horn reserves the right to ID and take note of each person on site. Site lock fees will be waived for any group reservations of three parties or more. Powder Horn reserves the right to hold accountable all members of a group reservation for any Powder Horn policy violation.
Coin operated facilities are located in front of the store and in Restroom Building #4. Hours of operation are 7 AM to 11 PM. There is a change machine at each location. A backup change machine can be found in the arcade located next to the camp store.
LONG TERM CAMPING
We do not accept long term tenting. Maximum stay in a tent or on a Standard or Superior site is 14 nights during any time of the season. Our maximum stay on a Deluxe or Premium site is 35 nights in the spring or fall seasons and 30 nights in our peak season. We do not allow a consecutive flow of our maximum peak season stay into our maximum off season stay or vice versa.
MOTORCYCLES & DIESEL ENGINES
Can be disturbing to other guests. Please honor quiet hours from 11 PM to 8 AM. Loud motorcycles must be walked to your campsite or parked near the office during quiet hours. Motorcycles are subject to extra vehicle charges. Thank you for your cooperation.
- Has a daily fee for each pet. Limit 2 pets per site.
- Must be leashed at all times and under the supervision of a responsible person 13 years or older.
- Are not allowed in pool complexes, playgrounds or buildings.
- MUST be cleaned up after immediately and MUST be disposed of properly. Disposal bags are available throughout the park.
- May not disturb other guests in any manner.
- Are never allowed to be left unattended at campsite, in camping unit, or anywhere in the campground.
- All vaccination papers must be present at the campsite.
- Aggressive behavior, barking, or general disruption may result in eviction.
- Are not allowed in tents or behind soft shell units/doors.
- Are not allowed in the cabin or on the cabin site property.
- Are not allowed with visitors of guests.
- Will not be brought to the swimming pools or in any of the buildings, including the store.
- Service animals are allowed per Maine and Federal guidelines; Powder Horn reserves the right to ask Maine and Federal provided questions about a service animal.
If you need propane, you can trade out your tank at Hanson’s Hometown Hardware Store located just down the road. Contact our office for other recommendations.
Reservations must be made for a minimum of 2 nights except for holiday weekends. Memorial Day and Labor Day weekend reservations require a 3-night minimum and Fourth of July reservations require a 4-night minimum. All reservations are NON-TRANSFERRABLE. Failure to check-in on the scheduled arrival date, without notice, will forfeit your site and deposit as of 11:00 am the following day. Please see our DEPOSITS POLICY for deposit and payment information.
There are no fees for the use of showers.
Restrooms are cleaned multiple times throughout the day. We take great pride in the cleanliness of our facilities. Out of respect for your fellow campers please try to keep our restrooms clean and orderly. Please notify the office of any facilities that may need our attention.
Security is on duty 24/7 from May to October. If you have security concerns please go to or call the office to reach our security staff. We do our best to resolve any problems or situations as soon as we are made aware of them. (207) 934-4733.
Are monitored by security and gate attendants 24/7. Parking passes must be visible at all times. Any vehicle without a parking pass is subject to towing at the owner’s expense.
SWIMMING POOL COMPLEX & HOT TUBS
NO LIFEGUARD ON DUTY!
Pool hours vary depending on time of year.
The pool and hot tub rules are for the safety of all. Please take note of them upon entering the pool complex and see that your children also understand them. Please note that behavior that is a nuisance to other guests will result in the loss of pool complex privileges. All pool users must shower prior to entering the pool. Reserving seating for yourself or others in your or their absence is not permitted.
Hot tubs: There are two large hot tubs in the main pool complex. One is designated ADULTS ONLY (18+). Children ages 4-12 may use the other hot tub if accompanied by a parent or guardian. Consuming alcohol while using the hot tubs is prohibited.
- Children under the age of 13 must be accompanied by an adult. The use of any toys or items deemed disruptive to other guests may be prohibited.
- Rafts or floatation devices are not allowed. (Exceptions: “Personal Floatation Devices.”)
- NO diapers – all infants not toilet trained must wear swim pants.
- NO diving, running, or horseplay.
- NO glass containers of any kind allowed in the pool complex.
- NO eating or drinking in the pool or spa.
- NO smoking – electronic cigarettes or vapor pens are not permitted.
- NO radios – personal MP3 players and other personal audio devices are permitted with earbuds or headphones.
Please dispose of your trash in the dumpsters marked trash on our map only. Please dispose of recycling in the dumpsters marked with a blue lid. Please keep all food items that could attract animals properly contained. Dumpsters are for daily trash disposal – large household items are prohibited to be disposed of in the dumpsters The State of Maine prohibits burning trash. DO NOT PUT ANY TRASH IN THE CAMPFIRE RINGS!
TROLLEY SERVICE TO THE BEACH
The OOB trolley meets at the end of our driveway near the gazebo approximately every 30 minutes, daily (in-season only) starting at 9:50 AM. The last trolley picks up downtown at midnight. Schedules and more information are available in our office.
Day Visitors: Are charged daily rate per person and additional vehicle fees will apply. Day visitor hours are from 8AM to 10 PM. Day visitors must re-register as overnight visitors prior to 9:30 PM if they decide to stay overnight. Day visitor fees will be credited toward the overnight visitor fees. Ten people maximum allowed per site during the day. PETS ARE NOT ALLOWED WITH VISITORS.
Overnight Visitors: are charged a nightly rate per person and additional vehicle fees will apply. Six people maximum allowed overnight per site. Check-out time for overnight visitors is 11AM.
Copyright © 2023 Powder Horn Family
Website Design by: Greenlight Websites