Please select any of the policies below to see the details.
ADVANCED RESERVATION POLICIES AND INFORMATION
2022 Reservations made between 5/14/21 and 12/31/21. PLEASE NOTE: A 7-night minimum reservation is required. 50% deposit due at time of booking.
- There is a daily fee for each pet. Limit 2 pets per site.
- Pet(s) may not be left unattended anywhere, at any time, this includes your trailer.
- All vaccination papers must be present at registration.
- Pet(s) are not allowed with visitors of guests.
- Pet(s) are not allowed with guests camping in tents or the cabin.
- Pet(s) must be on a leash at all times.
- Pet(s) must be walked/supervised by a responsible person.
- Children under 13 years old are not allowed to walk dogs without an adult present.
- Pet(s) will not be brought to the swimming pools or in any of the buildings.
- Pet(s) must be cleaned up after with the proper equipment and disposed of properly.
- Disposal bags are available throughout the park.
- Pet(s) will not be allowed to disturb your neighbors in any manner.
AGE RESTRICTION POLICY
We are a family campground, and would like to maintain a welcoming and safe atmosphere for all our guests; keeping this in mind:
- All members in the party must be 18 years or older and a couple unless accompanied by a parent or guardian. We reserve the right to refuse entry or evict person(s) we determine to not meet the criteria without refund.
- All members of a party with any person(s) under the age of 21 will be required to provide official state identification upon registration.
- Anyone under the age of 21 found consuming or under the influence of alcohol will be faced with police intervention as well as face eviction without refund.
- All person(s) will respect quiet hours from 11pm -8am. Warnings will be given to not add wood to the fire past 11pm if further warnings are needed the party will face eviction without refund.
USE OF SKATEBOARDS, LONGBOARDS, HOVERBOARDS, ROLLERBLADES, ROLLER-SKATES, MINI-BIKES, RIP-STICKS, ELECTRIC CARS AND MOTORIZED SCOOTERS IS PROHIBITED.
- No bike riding in the park after dark. Bikes must be returned to your site.
- No speeding or reckless riding in the park.
- Please use bike racks to park your bike or it will be confiscated.
- No bike riding in the campground driveway, registration area, Laundromat/Store area, horseshoe pits, and pool complex.
- Maine State Law requires anyone 16 years or younger to wear a helmet while riding a bike. Helmets are recommended for everyone.
- No wheelies or jumping allowed.
- Bike tags must be displayed and visible at all times.
- Violations will be subject to loss of tag and privileges.
All campsites are equipped with campfire rings. Fire in and of itself is dangerous and must be kept under control and always tended to by an adult. Please use extra caution in keeping your children and your personal possessions at a safe distance from campfires and fire rings. It is prohibited to use any flammable liquid to start your fire. Fire starters are available for purchase at the camp store. No wood is to be added to the fire after 11 PM. NO OUT OF STATE WOOD PERMITTED. Trees not to be cut or otherwise damaged.
CAMPING WITH CHILDREN
- Children are your responsibility; please make sure you go over the information on this page that may pertain to them.
- Families with children that are non-compliant with Powder Horn rules will be asked to leave.
- Please keep preteen children under close watch. Young children are not allowed to roam the property freely without adult supervision.
- Preteen children are not allowed at the pool unsupervised, and must return to their site by 10PM.
- Children 13 years or older must return to their own campsites by 10 PM.
Please check with the office for availability. Never move without getting proper authorization from the office. If you are switching sites during the course of your reservation, please come to the office at 11 AM for a new registration tag. You will not be asked to move off your current site until the new site is clean and vacant. If changing sites, PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE THE CAMPGROUND UNTIL YOU HAVE VACATED YOUR CURRENT SITE.
CHECK IN / CHECK OUT
Check-In Time is 1PM: There is no additional parking available for trailers or cars prior to 1PM. Please plan accordingly. Reservations are non-transferable. Must present ID at check-in.
Check-In Time is 3PM for our rental unit (site 1M).
Check Out Time is 11 AM: NO EXCEPTIONS! Late checkouts are not permitted. Due to the large volume of campers, we cannot provide space for late checkouts. If you would like to stay later than 11 AM, please come to the office prior to 11 AM to re-register or to check site availability. Please be courteous and allow time for us to prepare for the next guests arriving on that site.
Date changes without penalty require 30 days advanced notification. In the event you need to shorten the dates of your stay, your site number may no longer be honored. Shortening the dates of a reservation 29 to 1 day(s) prior to arrival will require payment in full for the entire reservation, and then a Powder Horn Camp Credit (minus $75.00 service fee) will be issued to the reservation holder’s client account, valid for use after the altered reservation’s date of departure. All credits are issued to reservation holder and are non-transferable. Date changes made less than 24 hours prior to arrival time (1:00 pm) will not be eligible for any credits or refunds.
* All fees are subject to State of Maine 9% lodging tax *
Two-night reservations and holiday reservations require full payment as deposit. Reservations for three nights or more require a 50% deposit at the time the reservation is made. Deposits are non-transferable. Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, and Money orders are acceptable forms of payment. (No personal or business checks will be accepted for nightly reservations.)
These are provided in the campground for your convenience. They are located by Restroom #5 and near the exit of the campground by the office. If you are camping in a pop-up, please dispose of your grey water at the dumping stations. Maine State regulations require proper disposal of grey water.
PLEASE DO NOT DRAIN GREY WATER ON THE GROUND!
Campers or visitors found in violation of campground policies may be evicted without warning or refund. Any situations requiring evictions will allow a one hour time period to exit the premises. After this time, police escort will result in the event the site has not yet been vacated. You are responsible for the conduct, safety, and well being of your family and guests.
FIREWORKS & WEAPONS
Firearms, Fireworks, & Other Weapons Are Prohibited. Please use common sense. We have a limited amount of space with a large amount of people. Do not use, or allow your children to use, anything that will interfere with the safety and enjoyment of other campers. Marshmallow guns, “P”-Shooters, Slingshots, BB Guns and Bow & Arrows are also banned from Powder Horn.
GAME EQUIPMENT RENTALS & MINIATURE GOLF
Game window mirrors posted office hours. All game equipment will be rented out of our game window located at the office. Game window will stop renting out equipment an hour before the office closes.
Coin operated facilities are located in front of the store and in Restroom Building #4. The laundry room is open from 7 AM to 11 PM. There is a change machine for your convenience.
LONG TERM TENTING
We do not accept long term tenting. Maximum stay in a tent is two weeks.
MOTORCYCLES & DIESEL ENGINES
These are allowed, but can be disturbing to other campers. Please honor the quiet hours of 11 PM to 8 AM. Loud motorcycle owners must walk their bikes into the campground during quiet hours. Motorcycles are charged the additional vehicle charge per day.
If you need propane, you can trade out your tank at Hanson’s Hometown Hardware Store located just down the road.
Reservations must be made for a minimum of 2 nights. Full payment is required for 2 night reservations. A deposit of 50% is required for any reservation of 3 nights or longer at the time of booking. Memorial Day and Labor Day weekend reservations require a 3-night minimum and FULL PAYMENT. Fourth of July reservations require a 4-night minimum and FULL PAYMENT. All reservations are NON-TRANSFERRABLE. Failure to check-in on the scheduled arrival date, without notice, will forfeit your site and deposit as of 11:00 am the following day. Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover are acceptable forms of payment. (No personal or business checks will be accepted for nightly reservations.)
All restrooms have individual cleaning schedules posted; please note these times to avoid any inconvenience. We take great pride in the cleanliness of our facilities. Out of respect for your fellow campers please try to keep our restrooms clean and orderly. Please inform the office of any problems that may need attention. We will address any concerns immediately. There are no fees for these facilities.
Day Security: There are security staff on duty every day during summer season. If you have any problems or security concerns between the hours of 7 AM and 11 PM, please inform our security staff as soon a possible by visiting the office or calling (207) 934-4733. We will do our best to rectify any problems or situations as soon as we are made aware of them.
Night Security: There is a night security staff person on duty every night throughout the summer. If you have any problems or security concerns between the hours of 11 PM and 7 AM, please inform our night security staff as soon a possible by visiting the office or calling (207) 934-4733. We will do our best to rectify any problems or situations as soon as we are made aware of them.
The gate will be monitored 24/7 by either a gate attendee or security. Gate cards are no longer distributed.
SWIMMING POOL COMPLEX & HOT TUBS
NO LIFEGUARD ON DUTY!
The pool and hot tub rules are for the safety of all. Please take note of them upon entering the pool area and see that your children also understand them. The front swimming pool complex generally opens at 9 AM and closes when the office closes. Children 13 years and younger must be accompanied by a parent or guardian while in the pool complex. No rafts or flotation devices, other than those used by small children, will be allowed. No diapers allowed. Disposable swim pants required. There will be a pool attendant on duty during the busy season.
Hot Tubs: There are two large hot tubs in the pool area. One is designated for ADULTS ONLY. You must be 18 years or older to use this hot tub. Children over 3 years old may use the other hot tub, but only while accompanied by a parent or guardian. Drinking in the hot tub is not permitted.
Please dispose of your trash in the dumpsters provided near each restroom and at the main entrance gate. Please keep all food items that could attract animals on your site contained. Unkempt sites will invite animals and cause problems for all. Burning trash is a violation of Maine State Law. PLEASE DO NOT BURN YOUR TRASH OR PUT IT IN THE CAMPFIRE RINGS!
TROLLEY SERVICE TO THE BEACH
Rides to the beach on the trolley are $2 per person, each way. Exact change only. The trolley picks up and drops off at the driveway entrance. It stops at Powder Horn every 30-60 minutes, depending on traffic. It starts at 9:50 AM and the last trolley picks up in downtown Old Orchard at midnight. Trolley service is limited during off-season times.
Copyright © 2020 Powder Horn Family
Website Design by: Greenlight Websites